Saturday, October 8, 2011
If you want to grow long hair fast - with fast being a few hours, days or weeks consider these options:
1. Hair Extensions.
100% human hair extensions that can instantly (a few hours) from chin length to below the bra strap. The downside to using hair extensions for instant long hair is that hair extensions are not inexpensive and human hair is the most costly of the add-on hair options.
If you are wanting instant Godiva locks for a wedding, a high school reunion or to meet your guy's parents, by all means consider hair extensions.
2. Add-on hair.
Celebrity hairdresser Ken Paves has been working with add-on tresses with all of his celeb clients. He loves the instant long hair effect so much that he teamed up with Jessica Simpson to create a line that Jessica would be proud to wear.
Add-on tresses are much less expensive than extensions and they can be semi-permanent or permanent. This all depends on your goals.
The Real Truth To Growing Long Hair
I have been growing my own hair since 1986 and I have personally tried every possible "fast hair growth" method available. While I have managed to grow very long hair below my waist that is healthy. I have learned the following secrets over the past twenty years:
1. Growing long hair takes a commitment.
2. Hair, except in rare cases, when it is growing at its optimal genetic rate - will only grow 6-8 inches per year.
3. If your have hair that is currently chin length and want it to be below your bra - take a ruler and measure the space between where your hair is currently and where you want it to be.
4. If you need 6 inches to reach your bra strap, plan on it taking 10-12 months for your hair to grow to your goal length. Every person is different and it may take you a longer or short time depending on a wide variety of factors.
5. It is very important if you make the personal commitment to grow your hair long that you do all the right things which includes the following things:
Drinking enough daily fluids.
Minimizing unhealthy hair care habits (chemicals, hot tool use, damaging hair care product use).
Eliminating hair growth retarding lifestyle habits (excessive caffeine, sugar, nicotine, alcohol, junk foods).
Getting enough sleep, rest and relaxation.
Taking vitamins, minerals & herbs. Because of the current condition of the earth and exhausted soil, human beings must take nutritional supplements to operate at their maximum hair growth rates. Whether you take a good multi-vitamin or a product designed to grow hair - this is an essential component for growing hair at your maximum potential.
If It Sounds Too Good To Be True - It Is
It is my opinion that the number one reason that hair consumers go through pain and suffering with their tresses is because they believe claims and promises that just are too good to be true.
Anyone who has ever left a salon with horrible hair color, fried ends from perms or straighteners or has lost way too many inches of precious growth knows that it is easy to buy into promises of great color, texture and a hot style that won't require a lot of hair loss.
Remember, it's your hair. You have to wear it every day. Consider any promises carefully and ask questions.